Do you want to decorate your house with extreme uniqueness and immense dazzling this Christmas? With the blessed and holy season approaching, shops get flooded with tremendous collections of Christmas decorative ornaments, leaving the buyers confused to pick up the best from the rest. After all, everybody wants to make their house ultra alluring with numerous adornments available in the market to beautify their houses. Ornaments, like Christmas trees, Christmas wreaths, flowers, candy canes, and crystal colorful balls top the shopping list of embellishments. However, this is not sufficient to reveal your decorations and make them stand out, particularly when you switch off the lights at 12 midnight to welcome Christmas and perform prayers. For this, you need some magnificent Christmas lights and candles to illuminate your house decorations. Lighting indeed adds more depth, value, and attractive appeal to the entire setting. Candle lights are regarded as luxurious when it comes to beautifying your house. As such, they prove to be appreciable gift alternatives as well. There are Christmas candles available in various shapes, colors, designs, and fragrances. However, they experience a price hike during Christmas season due to the increasing demands. Hence, not all people are able to afford candles in plenty. Why not set the commercially produced candles aside and indulge in making some homemade candles that are not only beautiful to look at but refreshing and aromatic to smell at. Follow the lines below and learn how to make candles at home for Christmas.
Homemade candles make a lovely and amazing gift option. Learn how to make homemade candles by following the instructions in this article.
- Wax (soy wax, beeswax or paraffin wax)
- Fragrance (herbs, essential oils, vanilla or peppermint)
- Color (inks, dyes or food)
- Wick (heavy strings dipped in warm wax and dried on wax papers)
- Wick Cutter
- Wax Carrier
- Mold (to give the desired shape)
- Mold Release (Peanut oil, cooking spray oil or silicone spray)
- Additives (plastics, herbs, leaves, flowers, beads and other jewelry)
- Wooden Spoon
- Candy Thermometer
- Prepare the working station by covering it with newspapers and keeping all the requirements handy.
- Put wax in the wax carrier and heat until it reaches a temperature of 140 degrees F.
- With the help of a wooden spoon stir the wax nicely.
- In the meanwhile, spray mold release on the inner walls of the molds. Set them aside.
- When the wax is completely melted, add accessories, scents, and colors. Make sure that you add only 1 tsp each of fragrant oil and color.
- Stir continuously to mix scents and colors nicely.
- Remove the wax carrier from heat and pour into the prepared molds. Leave a gap of one inch from the top of the molds.
- When the wax starts getting firm, insert the wick. Tie one end of the wick to the middle part of a pencil and drop the free end of the wick into the melted wax. Place the pencil on the top of the mold.
- Keep this setting for several hours to let it harden, preferably overnight.
- Once proper consistency and firmness is acquired by the wax, tap the mold to remove the candle.
- Decorate the exterior of the candles with beautiful adornments.
Kids can make candles at home by decorating a tumbler from outside and placing a candle inside it. They can personalize the candles by spraying their desired colors onto the candles.