Christmas is the most joyous time of the year for Christians across the world. Christmas is a blessed festival celebrated on December 25 to honor the birth of Jesus Christ who is believed to be the son of the Almighty as well as the creator of Christianity. Being the most sacred day of all Christian festivals, people start preparing for it several weeks in advance. Decorations are the key factor of any occasion, which includes Christmas as well. It is a huge task; thus, people come up with different ideas to make their home more attractive and striking. Apart from essential decorative items, like Christmas tree, Santa Claus, and Christmas lights, there are numerous decorative ornaments that can be used to make your home a visual delight on this holy occasion.
Christmas paper decoration is one of the best ideas to enhance the bliss and joviality of this day. Indulging in making assorted Christmas paper crafts would be a great opportunity for you to spend some quality time with your children and family. Just like other Christmas customs, this tradition of making paper crafts too has a history to recount. The roots of this fun tradition date back to the 18th century where women organized and participated in events for making crafts with their families. These Christmas paper decorations can vary according to your age or skills. Scroll down to find some easy and tricky crafts which would make perfect Christmas paper decorations for your home.
3-Dimensional Christmas Tree
This Christmas, brighten up your home with paper decorations. Read on to get paper decoration ideas for Christmas.
Christmas Paper Decorations
- Green Construction Paper
- Glitter Glue or Tempera Paint
- A pair of Scissors
- Clear Tape or Transparent Tape
- Fold a square piece of green construction paper into half and cut it into half.
- Put the two pieces together and fold them in half again.
- Draw a half portion of a Christmas tree opposite to the fold.
- Now cut along the line to get two identical trees, with the help of scissors.
- Fold the paper trees in half to create the centre line in them.
- Now make a cut along the bottom half of the centre of one tree.
- Do the same with the second one, but along the top half of the center.
- Thereafter, slip and fix the two trees together along the slits.
- Tape the bottoms and tops of the tree together, using transparent tape.
- Decorate your 3-D Christmas tree with crayons, markers, glitter glue, or tempera paint.
- Your 3-D Christmas tree is ready to be included in your Christmas decorations.
- To make the tree, you can use other colors of construction paper.
- Apart from coloring and creating the design using a marker, you can glue tiny stickers, mirrors, or other glitter items.
- You can also cut out tiny paper balls using a punching machine and paste them on the 3-D tree.
- A sheet of Paper
- A pair of Scissors
- A Hole Punch
- Transparent Tape
- Fold a sheet of paper in half and cut it out using scissors to create two pieces.
- Make a folded fan from one half of the paper.
- Staple the center and trim the edges using scissors.
- Make random holes using a hole punch.
- Open this simple yet unique snowflake and tape the edges together.
- Your fancy snowflake is ready to use.
- Put a thread in one of the holes and hang this special snowflake in the entryway of the house.
- Use scissors and hole punch machine under adult supervision.