If you stroll through the markets during Christmas season, you can't stop yourself from buying candy canes in bountiful amounts. Christmas candy canes need no introduction as they are deeply and historically associated with Christmas. They are extremely luscious and children actually wait for the arrival of Christmas to enjoy these delicious candy canes. They are gloriously associated with Christmas decorations. In the markets, a great variety of candy canes are available, but preparing a bunch yourself provides you an altogether different superlative happiness. So, do not wait to surprise your loved ones this Christmas by preparing some candy canes at home. Further, this will give you an opportunity to spend some quality time with your family, thereby allowing you to get drowned in the spirit of the feast. Homemade candy canes serve as an awesome gift for both family and friends. Find some extremely mouth-watering Christmas candy canes recipes in the lines below.
Christmas Candy Cane Recipe
Preparing Christmas candy canes at home is both fun and exciting. Check out how to make Christmas candy cane, with this article.
Christmas Candy Cane
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Peppermint Flavoring
- ½ cup Water
- ¾ cup light Corn Syrup
- ¾ tsp Red Vegetable Coloring
- ¼ tsp Tartar Cream
- Combine sugar, water, corn syrup, and tartar cream in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Heat the ingredients until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Divide the liquid into two containers. Place both of them on high heat.
- Boil them until they reach a temperature of 280 F on a candy thermometer.
- Pour about ½ tsp peppermint in both the containers.
- Add red vegetable coloring to one container. Place both the containers on an enamel or marble platform to cool down. Remember to oil the platform first.
- Once both the containers’ contents become cool, stretch and pull them into ropes of red and white colors.
- After stretching, twist them to form a candy cane.
- Place these candy canes on an oiled platform to let them harden.
Christmas Jelly Candy
- 5 pack Unflavored Gelatin
- 2 cups Fruit Juice or Drink
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Combine gelatin, sugar, lemon juice, and fruit juice in a large bowl. Stir and allow it to set for 5 minutes.
- Place this mixture on high flame and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook until gelatin is completely melted.
- Add lemon juice and turn off the heat.
- Pour this mixture into a shallow baking pan and cool until the mixture becomes hard.
- With the help of a wide spatula, remove the hard mixture from the baking pan.
- Give a nice J shape by turning and twisting.
- Place them on a wire rack to dry.
- You can preserve them in covered containers, placing layers of wax papers in between. They can be preserved for up to 5 days using this method.