Standing beside the kitchen window, if you smell the delighting fragrance of yummy sweets being prepared in the neighborhood, it is a definite sign of Christmas arriving. Christmas accompanies great food with fun, joy, and spiritual values. Today, the market offers limitless varieties during this holy season but the charm of making homemade sweets is sheer sublime. Out of the huge varieties, one sweet delicacy is truffles which are loved and admired by one and all. Savoring lip-smacking truffles has become a mandatory custom of Christmas. They are rich, succulent, and utmost creamy. Amazingly, one can prepare these luscious truffles with endless variations, making them even more interesting. Further, the ingredients that go into their making can induce anyone to grab more of them. Dark or white chocolate, milk, nuts, rum, and raisins are sure to water your mouth. So this Christmas, make some delicate and finger-licking truffles in your own kitchen. Find out some magnificent recipes for making truffles in the lines below.
Surprise your mother by making some yummy truffles for her this Christmas. Check out truffle recipes by glancing through this article.
- 1 cup Crème Fraîche or Heavy Cream
- 14 oz Dark Chocolate (very high quality unsweetened baking chocolate)
- 8 oz Dark Chocolate
- 1½ cups Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp Butter (optional)
- Take a large bowl and break the 14 oz chocolate into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Pour cream in a saucepan. Place this saucepan on medium flame and allow it to boil a little.
- Pour this boiled cream on the chocolate, stirring until the chocolate melts completely and blends with the cream.
- Before the batter starts cooling, pour butter.
- In case you want to thicken this batter, you can either whisk it or refrigerate for sometime.
- With the help of a baking sac or two spoons, form round and homogenous balls.
- Line a baking tray with parchment or wax paper. Place the balls on this wax paper.
- Melt the remaining 8 oz dark chocolate in a double boiler.
- Once chocolate melts completely, pour in a bowl.
- Before the chocolate starts thickening, dip each ball in this chocolate.
- Roll these balls onto cocoa powder.
- Serve thereafter.
Cardamom Chocolate Truffles
- 10 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Cardamon Pods (crushed)
- ½ cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup chopped Nuts
- 8 ounces Semisweet or Bittersweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- Rum (as desired)
- Place chocolate in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour heavy cream and cardamom pods in a large saucepan. Heat the liquid until it starts simmering.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and pour over the chocolate.
- Set this bowl aside for 2 minutes, stirring delicately with a rubber spatula.
- Add rum and transfer the mixture into a glass baking dish. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Scoop out chocolate onto parchment paper and refrigerate for another half an hour.
- Divide the mixture into 1-inch balls and roll them into nuts and cocoa powder mixture, until well coated.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- If you wish, you can recoat the balls before serving.