Christmas is a great time for celebration, fun, and thrill. By the end of November, people can be seen indulging in the festive mood of Christmas. They start shopping for various decoration ornaments, gifts for loved ones, and groceries to prepare delicious foods. With lots of desserts available to please and tempt children, adults too wish to add and experience something extra for that deliciously yummy experience. To end the Christmas meal in the most luxurious way, a rich dessert is extremely mandatory. So, if you are organizing a Christmas party for adults, then rum truffles are one amongst the many options to end your luxurious feast. This is an alluring sweet treat prepared especially during Christmas season. Although they look rigid from outside but the moment you gulp one down your throat, they turn very soft, moist, and tender. Make some rum truffles at home on this Christmas and charm your guests. Get ready to offer this traditional and quite rich dessert with the recipes enlisted in the following lines.
Simple Rum Truffles
Rum truffle is a yummy and pleasing delight for adults. Make some on this Christmas with the recipes given in this write-up.
- 1 ounce Bittersweet Chocolate Squares (chopped)
- ¼ cup Cream
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Chocolate Cake Crumbs
- 2 tsp Dark Rum
- ½ cup Chocolate Sprinkles
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a heatproof bowl, place chopped chocolate.
- Combine cream and butter in a saucepan. Mix well.
- Place this saucepan on high flame and bring to a boil.
- Pour this mixture over the chocolate.
- Add chocolate cake crumbs and rum. Stir and keep aside.
- Once it gets slightly cooled, take heaped teaspoons of the mixture and form balls.
- Roll the balls into chocolate sprinkles.
- Place them on the parchment paper lined pan and refrigerate for about half an hour, until they become little firm.
- They are ready to serve.
Liqueur Rum Truffles
- 1 cup Cake Crumbs
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup ground Almonds
- 1 tsp Cocoa
- 1¼ tbsp Dark Chocolate (grated)
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1¼ tbsp Liqueur (any of your choice)
- Rum (as desired)
- Chocolate Sprinkles (to coat)
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake crumbs, sugar, almonds, cocoa, and dark chocolate together. Mix well.
- Add egg yolk and your preferred liqueur. Mix well.
- Pour rum and mix until you get a smooth textured mixture.
- Divide this mixture into balls with the help of a heaped teaspoon.
- Place the balls in small paper cases.
- Place these cases in a tray, lined with parchment paper, and cover them with a light cloth.
- Refrigerate until they become firm.
- Roll into chocolate sprinkles before serving.