Religious Christmas quotes carry the real essence of Christianity. Here is a list of some of the famous religious Christmas quotations.
Religious Christmas Quotes
Christmas is a religious observance for the Christians around the world. Every year, people eagerly wait for the holiday season to enjoy some of their glorious days in the whole year. The religious festival of Christmas is significant in life of every Christian. Religious Christmas quotes carry the real essence of Christianity. These religious Christmas quotations are used even today. People who pay reverence to the religious aspects of Christmas will definitely use such religious Christmas quotes. Here is a list of some of the famous religious Christmas quotations.
- 'The church-bells of innumerable sects are all chime-bells to-day, ringing in sweet accordance throughout many lands, and awaking a great joy in the heart of our common humanity.' - Edwin Hubbell Chapin
- 'Christians awake salute the happy morn; Whereon the Saviour of the world was born.' - John Byrom
- 'What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.' -Agnes M. Pharo.
- 'And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings of great joy, Which shall be to all people. 'For unto you is born this day in the city of David A Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.' -St. Luke
- 'The universal joy of Christmas is certainly wonderful. We ring the bells when princes are born, or toll a mournful dirge when great men pass away. Nations have their red-letter days, their carnivals and festivals, but once in the year and only once, the whole world stands still to celebrate the advent of a life. Only Jesus of Nazareth claims this world-wide, undying remembrance. You cannot cut Christmas out of the Calendar, nor out of the heart of the world.' - Anonymous
- 'The mistletoe hung in the castle hall, The holly branch shone on the old oak wall.'- Thomas Haynes Bayly
- 'A prison cell, in which one waits, hopes... and is completely dependent on the fact that the door of freedom has to be opened from the outside, is not a bad picture of Advent.' -Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- 'Eternal God, this holy night is radiant with the brilliance of your one true light. May that light illuminate our hearts and shine in our words and deeds. May the hope, the peace, the joy, and the love represented by the birth in Bethlehem this night fill our lives and become part of all that we say and do. May we share the divine life of your son Jesus Christ, even as he humbled himself to share our humanity. Amen.' -Rev. Richard J. Fairchild
- 'The spirit of Christmas needs to superseded by the Spirit of Christ. The spirit of Christmas is annual; the Spirit of Christ is eternal. The spirit of Christmas is sentimental; the Spirit of Christ is supernatural. The spirit of Christmas is a human product; the Spirit of Christ is a divine person. That makes all the difference in the world.' -Stuart Briscoe