The holiday season begins with elevated spirits of the holy festival of Christmas. With the approach of December, families indulge in the hustle-bustle of preparations. Most people commence the celebrations of this blessed fiesta with cleaning and decorating their homes with astonishing flowers, Christmas wreaths, Christmas trees, and Christmas ornaments. Though there are numerous options for beautiful Christmas ornaments offered by the markets, but due to their demands in large quantities, the expenses are too high to afford them at times. To avoid such a puzzling situation, you can complete your Christmas decorations without putting much pressure on your finances by making crafts at home. They provide an excellent opportunity for the entire family to sit together and carve beautiful memories to cherish for lifetime. One can also showcase his creativity and artistic hidden talent while making the same. Further, they can be used for next Christmas as well. Find some exciting and wonderful ideas for homemade Christmas crafts in the following lines.
Christmas Card Holder
Homemade Christmas crafts can add to your Christmas decorations with a personal touch. Explore for some easy homemade Christmas crafts herein.
Homemade Christmas Crafts
- Big Green Poster Board
- Small Yellow Poster Board
- Plastic Paper Clips
- Hole Punch
- Take a yellow poster board and cut it in the shape of a star. Set aside.
- Take the big green poster board and cut out in a triangular shape.
- Using glue, paste the star on the green triangle.
- Fix paper clips on the edges of the triangle.
- A Christmas tree is formed on the completion of the above three steps.
- Using hole punch, make a hole on the top of the Christmas tree and pass ribbon from it. Tie the ribbon into a circle so that you can hang this Christmas tree wherever you want to decorate your house.
- You can also write your messages or stick pictures to personalize it.
Chenille Candy Canes
- White and Red Chenille Stems
- Take one white and one red chenille stem of equal length. Hold them together side by side.
- Start twisting one end of the two stems together and continue until you reach the other end.
- Twist the bottom ends together so that they are nicely secured.
- Give this twisted stem a J-shape by curving the top ends gently.
- Decorate it with glitters.
- You can tie a ribbon in the center of the candy cane to make it more attractive.
Puzzle Wreath Ornament
- Puzzle Pieces
- Green Acrylic Paint
- Colorful Buttons
- 2 thin White Ribbons
- White Craft Glue
- Green Glitter Glue
- If you have spare puzzle pieces in the house, collect them at one place.
- Arrange these puzzle pieces in a shape of a wreath.
- You can overlap them to give the wreath a heavier look.
- Paint these puzzle pieces with green paint. Let the paint dry and thereafter, apply a second coat on them.
- After sometime, paint the pieces with green glitter glue and set them aside to dry.
- Using white glue, stick all the pieces in the shape of a wreath. Overlap to enhance the thickness and strength of the wreath.
- Take a ribbon and give it a shape of a bow trimming the ends. Stick to the front center of the wreath.
- Glue buttons of different colors on the front circle.
- Create a loop from the second ribbon and glue it to the top back of the wreath
- Hang it at your desired place.