Candies, candy canes, amazing fudge, truffles, the list continues. Come Christmas and you are tempted with these irresistible and gorgeous sweet treats. But, these sweets are savored only by kids, leaving the adults asking for something more relishing. However, you need not be disheartened as Christmas brings something for everyone. For adults, rum balls prove to be a perfect gratification. They are a popular and delicious snack during Christmas time for adults. They are basically truffle-like desserts which are sweet, chocolaty, and filled with rum. They are large enough to look like golf ball, coated with rich coconut or cocoa. Since the flavor of rum is often lost while baking these treats, we bring a recipe that will keep the aroma of rum intact, till your last bite. Enjoy this extremely flavorful delight by making them in your kitchen. Recipes to make rum balls are given in the following lines.
Simple Rum Balls
Rum balls offer a sweet pleasant surprise for everyone on Christmas. Check out the recipe of making rum balls, in this article.
- 2 cups Vanilla Wafer Cookie Crumbs
- 1 cup sifted powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Cocoa
- ½ cup chopped Walnuts
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/3 cup Rum
- Crush vanilla wafer cookie crumbs finely in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, cocoa, and walnuts and mix well. Set this bowl aside.
- In another bowl, pour rum and 1 tsp honey. Blend nicely.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp honey in the cookie mixture. Blend well.
- Shape the cookie mixture into 1-inch size balls and roll them onto rum mixture.
- Place the balls on a greased cookie sheet to dry and firm.
- Transfer these balls in an airtight container for at least 24 hours before consuming.
- Your rum balls are ready to savor!
Rum Balls With Cocoa
- 1 package Vanilla Wafers (crushed)
- 1½ cups chopped Walnuts or Pecans
- ¾ cup Confectioners’ Sugar (more for coating)
- ¼ cup Cocoa (more for coating)
- ½ cup Light or Dark Rum
- 3 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- In a large bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped nuts, confectioner’s sugar, and cocoa. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour in rum and corn syrup. Mix well.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and allow it to get firm in the refrigerator for about an hour or so.
- Once it gets firm, take out the bowl from the refrigerator.
- Using the bigger end of a melon baler, scoop out this refrigerated mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Sift some confectioners’ sugar and cocoa in a shallow plate.
- Roll the balls into this mixture.
- Rum balls are ready to serve and enjoy.