"Celebration" is another word for "Christmas". People visit churches, worship Jesus Christ, decorate houses, plan and attend parties, cook yummy foods, and enjoy get-togethers with loved ones during the entire month of December. Surely, food and drinks are an eternal part of every celebration. Since Christmas falls during winter season in most parts of the world, a hot drink is urged by one and all. This wish is entirely fulfilled by the hot spiced cider drink. Its flavor and warmth is enough to soothe people in the chilling winters. One must try this drink sitting with loved ones on a chilling terrace during Christmas holidays. It is quite easy and quick to make with the least ingredients. Check out its recipes in the following lines.
Hot Spiced Cider
Spiced cider is the perfect drink to warm and delight the guests on chilly Christmas nights. Find easy recipes for preparing spiced cider here.
- ¼ cup packed Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp whole Allspice
- 1 tsp Whole Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- ¼ tsp Salt
- A pinch of ground Nutmeg
- 1 large Orange (quartered with peel)
- 2 quarts Apple Cider
- Take a coffee basket and place a filter in it.
- Combine brown sugar, allspice, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange wedges in the filter.
- Pour apple cider in the coffee pot where usually water is put.
- Brew and your hot spiced cider drink is ready to be served.
Spiced Apple Cider
- 2 quarts unsweetened Apple Cider
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 10 whole Cloves
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks (3+ inches long)
- 2 Oranges (thinly sliced)
- Take a large saucepan and combine together add apple cider, honey, cloves, and cinnamon sticks into it. Mix well.
- Place the saucepan on high heat and bring to a boil. Once the mixture starts boiling, lower the heat and simmer for around 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside to cool.
- After it gets cooled, pass the mixture through the sieve to extract all the spices from it.
- Re-heat apple cider to a specific drinking temperature.
- Pour in a jug and garnish with an orange slice.
- Enjoy the hot luscious drink.
Hot Spiced Cider and Cranberry Juice
- 4 cups Apple Cider
- 4 cups Cranberry Juice
- 2 tbsp whole Cloves
- ½ Orange Slice (peel on)
- Cinnamon Sticks (optional)
- Take a saucepan and pour apple cider and cranberry juice into it.
- Place the saucepan on medium heat but do not boil the contents.
- Cut thin slices of half an orange.
- Put these orange slices and whole cloves into the liquid.
- Let the mixture simmer for around 10-15 minutes.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve to get clear drink.
- Pour it in a glass and garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- Enjoy the warm yummy drink.